The Production Facility Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the day to day delivery of the live production produced out of the London Technology hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
You will take an active role in ensuring all teams are prepped, prepared and clear on the requirements of the live production being broadcast. As one of the key communicators within the department you are responsible for ensuring that all relevant contributors have the latest information, and everyone is fully informed on the day’s live events.
This role will require occasional weekend and evening work, but predominantly standard office hours will apply. Flexibility is key and from time to time there may be requirement to work on location internationally.
- Liaison with clients, 3rd party production companies and internal production teams to ensure the highest level of support is supplied from booking through to live delivery
- Book, rostra and schedule freelances crew. Assists Technical and Sound supervisors’ rostra and cover shift to support facility requirements
- Manage Coordinator daily duties, ensuring constant high stand of work and efficient and effective time management.
- Create supportive documentation for clients, production teams and live gallery crews for each program of events
- Represent departments in daily production meetings to answer and respond to any live production queries
- Support client’s requirements during the production process, ensuring resources and editorial aspirations are achievable.
- Work alongside Technical and Audio Supervisors to ensure that live events set up and requirements are communicated and tracked across departments.
- Ensure all data tracking is logged for each live event to ensure the storage clearances is adhered to
- Communicate the assets requirements for every live event, ensuring that each gallery crew is aware of their supporting content and that it is delivered by the wider departments to the correct destination in a timely manner.
- Support the Facility Manger with planning, audit and administrative upkeep
- Create, review and provide feedback on production budgets, schedules and deliverables as required
- Track production expenses and report actuals monthly to the Facility Production Manager
- Support the technical team to coordinate all set up and testing, ensuring this is done in a timely manner and configurations are to the agreed standard.
- Be a key point of contact for upcoming productions and on program days
- Work collaboratively with other GT&O organisations i.e. MAM, Ingest, Engineering, MCR, Programming, OAP, Preview Team and Transmission ensuring working relationships and communication are of the highest standards
- Contribute to the development of training plans to deliver staff and freelancer training requirements as necessary
- Identify key development opportunities for improved workflows, and enhanced reporting.
- Promote sharing of best practice and process change opportunities to support an efficient and effective department.
- Actively ensure compliance with all Health and Safety policies
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work on multiple productions at any one time
- Experience of managing logistics for both studio and OB sporting shows
- Demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end production procedures for live and prerecorded sporting shows
- Experience of producing production documentation and communicating this clearly to a wide array of stakeholders
- An understanding of post production workflows with strong working knowledge of all digital file formats
- Working knowledge of scheduling systems
- Experiences of production management, with full understanding of shift base work and freelances support network.
- Ability to engage, motive and inspire direct reports to achieve.
- Working knowledge of recruitment processes, goal setting, development tracking and review process.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, able to manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgment to escalate where necessary and can communicate their requirements and needs across the wider business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active in troubleshooting, problem solving and avoidance of issues