OK COOL is a full service creative studio specialising in social media. We are a globally distributed team of strategists, creatives and tastemakers. We don’t just speculate on culture, we make and shape it ourselves.
We are looking for an experienced Creative Producer with an exceptional knowledge of the social media landscape. An ideas person who can conceptualise and produce smart, clever, innovative concepts for marketing campaigns on social, in a variety of media. You will be a ‘social native’ who has their finger on the pulse of the latest creative and cultural trends on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and YouTube.
Your job is to dream up social-first content from concept through execution. You’ll think like an editor and behave like a producer. Constantly researching, conceptualising and producing content for our clients on social.
You’ll be comfortable thinking on your feet, producing ad hoc, reactive content, but more commonly you’ll be working to a planned schedule and creative briefs allowing you to produce forward-thinking creative ideas ensuring our content has the necessary qualities to cut through the noise of social media.
Candidates must have previous work experience that demonstrates the skills essential for success in social media and content creation, with an understanding of not just the creative but audience behaviors associated with the many nuanced social channels.
Your role will entail:
● Have your finger on the pulse for trends and draw from contemporary culture to develop innovative and creative concepts for social media posts and integrated
● Campaigns that leverage owned and earned media (influencers, strategic brand and media partnerships)
● Lead the creative direction and work with the content producer to develop the look and feel of our clients’ content and broader social media campaigns
● Storyboard and brief ideas to the creative team of art directors, photographers, designers and illustrators using written word and/or Photoshop, Indesign or Illustrator
● Coordinate photoshoots and video shoots, briefing everyone involved
● Write detailed creative, design and shoot briefs to ensure all work is produced to the quality standards of the OK COOL brand and brief creatives
● Manage designers, photographers and illustrators time to ensure content is delivered according to the production schedule
● Identify talent and collaborate with them to produce campaigns
● Basic photo editing and Adobe Creative Suite skills (Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Skills required and capabilities:
● Experience conceptualising social-first content ideas
● Experience briefing designers, photographers and videographers
● An excellent understanding of the social media industry and platforms
● A tight understanding of social media content strategies
● Highly organized and able to run multiple projects concurrently
● A hunger for experimenting with new media, innovation, talent collaboration and new ideas
● Experience working with video and video production teams
● The ability to lead and inspire a team of young, cool creative people and experience working with graphic designers
● A demonstrated skill for brand storytelling, where brand message has to be carried alongside the demands of an audience first approach
● An eye for design (photography and moving image) and ability to spot trends in social media and leverage insights
● Great experience of concepting infographics, illustrations, stylised themes and animations and for social media content
● An understanding of, and openness towards, different business cultures around the world
● Ability to identify, vet and pitch compelling original and topical content for social distribution.
● Experience at a digital publisher, agency or applicable business
Time commitment: 3-month contract – Option to extend based on performance; 2 days per week
Type of Role: Freelance
Salary: £250-300 per day
Location: London, UK/work from home
Apply with your CV, portfolio/website/IG handle, cover letter and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our IG: @okcool.io